Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Warhammer 40,000 6th Edition Allies Rules

The allies rules are the most exciting change to 6th Ed for me because of all the options they open up. Like many veteran players I have multiple armies and yet still from time to time I get a little bored. With the new options because of allies I've tossed all my old army list into file-number-trashcan. I can now field chaos space marines with my orks you say? I can dump how much Imperial Guard into one troop choice to field with my deathwing space marines? I can use an ork flyer with my khorne berserkers? Something you should understand about the tactics I use. I almost never play to win. I play to either to blow shit up, to mess with my oppenents head, or to try out a new tactic. With the new allies rules it's like an all new game for me. All the other new rules... yeah those are nice. I'll learn them and adapt like everyone else. But allies are going to be a whole new form of crack. I also think this benefits the new players. If you have a friend who doesn't yet have enough points to play on his own just let him be your ally in a game. That way you don't have to worry about any weird doubles rules.

Rules after the break



Warhammer 40,000 6th Edition Allies Rules

The 4 Categories of Allies

Battle Brothers - these allies are truly friends and benefit from each other's universal special rules, psychic powers, and everything, they act as one force.

Allies of Convenience - these allies will fight together if they have a common foe, they do not get to benefit from each others USR or powers, and in effect act as independent armies on the table.

Desperate Allies - these allies only fight in dire straights and gain no benefit from each other. you must roll a d6 if the roll is failed your allies do nothing for the turn as they are watching you for betrayal.

Not Before the Apocolypse - these armies listed here can never be allies.

So, if you can ally, you get an allied detachment of:

MANDATORY
- 1 HQ
- 1 Troop
 OPTIONAL
- 1 Troop
- 1 Elite
- 1 Fast Attack
- 1 Heavy Support


Rules and Image Sources:
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2012/06/40k-allies-are-for-what.html
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=22683%22

7 comments:

  1. Agreed...ally rules are making me decide whether I can zip out and pick up a copy of 6th Ed. or wait until I can actually afford it! :)

    Besides...always wanted to paint up some Sisters of Battle, but not necessarily an entire army. Now I can run some Adeptus Sororitas with IG, Vanilla Marines, or Grey Knights, etc. (oooh...Grey Knights and SoB...just like in the old days).

    Peace...

    M.D.
    @michaeldunkle
    flagrantdnerd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Necrons should all be come apocalypse they hate everyone also with genestealer cultists tyranid could work with several armies

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe time to try out a Ork army with Necrons on the side

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tau are the bringers of peace and they had a big cannon aimed at the guys so they would team up! Ha i have necrons and i wanted orks for ages but they where to weak on their own but now. Muhahahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, I feel so bad for the players who use Tyranids... no one likes them. The Necrons and Chaos Daemons are only slightly better off, with only a few factions that would only tolerate them. Actually, I'm surprised the Necrons dont' also have the Come the Apocalypse status with everyone else, since they're basically out to kill everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dark eldar can only be battle brothers with eldar? how does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  7. a shame that Tau cannot be Battle Brothers with IG - the fluff seems to support that option (gue'vesa anyone).
    I know the gue'vesa were covered in a Forgeworld product, but still I'd like to see the IG as Battle Brothers of Tau for pure fluff reasons

    ReplyDelete